Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Quote from an anonymous friend

"Well, here's how I see it. Emotions are misleading, so I don't come away from camp or retreats all like high on God or anything because most of that is just feelings. Even though it's great that God moves in those thing and that he can use those things to teach and grow us, I don't really get emotionally carried away. I'm a very practical person, so the way I see it is: God is good, he is faithful, he loves me. He's asked certain things of me, like denying myself, spreading his name, and loving my enemies, and he said that, through him, I can do those things. So logically, if I try to live for myself or do things my way, I will fail. I know that."

"If God is who he says he is, then not only is it better to follow him, wherever that means, but it's the only thing I want to do in response to his incredible love. So that's my constant mindset, not just when I'm surrounded by believers, because camp is great and awesome, but if I don't wake up every morning and surrender myself, the emotional highs don't mean much. You know what I mean?"

No comments:

Post a Comment