Thursday, September 1, 2011

I am No Man

I have striven to be a man
I have striven to be a wise man
I have striven to be a righteous man
I have striven to be a songwriter

I have seen that I can't do any of these things.
I can not write songs.
I have no righteousness.
I am have no wisdom.

I am No Man.

I have given up, and realized that all I can do is trust Christ and know him. And suddenly, when all my striving has ceased, I look up and see that He makes me into a Man. Into The Man I am meant to be. He calls me Son. He takes me under his wing, as an apprentice to his Wisdom and Righteousness.


"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Those who are far from you will perish; you destroy all who are unfaithful to you. But as for me, it is good to be near God I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all your deeds." Psalm 73:25-28


No comments:

Post a Comment