Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Whom then shall I fear?

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And there is nothing on earth I desire besides you. My heart and my flesh may fail, but God is the Strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 23:25,26

I Must read this everyday. It just brings me to my knees... It's the gospel! My flesh HAS failed and so has my heart, but GOD sent Jesus to die and fulfill the law that I don't measure up to! I have Failed and so Jesus succeeds in my place! I owe him my life. Who do I have but God? My heart and flesh fail! My money fails! My things fail! My education fails! No one is perfect! No one can be counted on in all circumstances! No one but Jesus! Who else do I have? Where else shall I turn? Nowhere but to the feet of my Lord!

This is my reality, and I must re-awaken myself to it each morning.

"Then he said to them all, 'Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.' "
Luke 9:23

No comments:

Post a Comment